30 Reasons Network Marketing Is Better
Eric Worre is known for saying we as Network Marketing Professionals have a better way. I was challenged last week to quantify that statement and to list 30 reasons why network marketing is a good business option. As I created this list, and sought out suggestions from others, I realized that, for most people, just one or two of these advantages would be enough to put all of your heart and soul into your network marketing business. However, this person asked for thirty reasons, so here they are!
1) Low Cost of Entry – In most cases, you can get into a network marketing company for less than a thousand dollars. When considering the cost of a typical Subway Restaurant Franchise, you are looking at a start-up cost of $150,000+. You don’t even want to know what it would cost to start up a McDonald’s or Starbucks.
2) Your Own Schedule – To me, this is one of the most attractive reasons for getting into a Network Marketing opportunity. Getting to work your own schedule is incredibly appealing and convenient.
3) No Website To Design/Develop/Maintain – I’ve had to go through this process with two other companies. The cost & time involved is very high. Most MLM companies supply their distributors with a website.
4) Tax Benefits for Home – When you have a home business, the tax benefits & savings alone can be greater than the cost of entry to get your business started.
5) Work From Anywhere – Portability – As I type this, I am in a hotel room at Disney World. I’m not limited to where I work. I can choose to work anywhere I want. If I decide to move, I can. There are no buildings or customer locales to consider.
6) Friendships – Yes, we all have work friends but the friendships developed through your network marketing company are different. They are based on common goals, common mindset, common objectives, encouragement, beliefs, etc. I heard people say this before I was a part of network marketing but did not fully grasp it until I experienced this type of friendship.
7) No Employees – You are able to build your business without employees. The headaches behind having employees in a traditional way is massive!
8) Residual Income – Residual income will allow you to collect revenue even when you are not on the clock. Most people do not get paid unless they are on the clock, their store is open, they are billing clients or producing products. Network Marketing is based on residual income. Like the second point, this aspect was very key to my decision to join network marketing.
9) Paid For Vacations & Paid While You Vacation – It’s one thing to have paid vacation, it’s another to have vacations that are paid for! Most network marketing companies provide trip and vacation incentives. Yes, please send me to Hawaii for free!
10) Security – Many people fear losing their jobs. When you have your own network marketing business you always have the stability of your network. Network Marketing companies have come and gone, but the professional network marketer still has the asset of their network.
11) No One Can Tell You What You Are Worth – When I lost my job, I was told I was earning too much money. I translated that as “You are not worth this amount to us.” Personally, I do not want to be told what I am worth to someone, especially if it is less than what I see my financial value. My worth is not tied up in someone else’s need to save a few dollars.
12) No Income Ceiling – Quite the opposite of number 11, there is no income ceiling in Network Marketing. If you want to double the size of your income you can! Most local businesses or service companies have some level of financial ceiling. Finding opportunities that will not limit you is ideal.
13) Builds Social Skills – You will grow in Network Marketing, especially if you want a large income. You have to grow to become the person who helps others, encourages others and helps others get what they want out of life. I love this aspect of MLM.
14) Allows You To Help Others On A Massive Scale – Helping others is important to many people. MLM allows you to do this and to do it on a large scale. The ripple affect of your business and your personal impact can touch more people than you will ever know about. To many, this is incredibly appealing.
15) You Can Go From Nothing To Something In A Short Time – Just earlier today I was talking with someone who used to be, as he says, “on the streets” and who is now building a Success Team. It’s crazy what 10 months has done in his life. I love hearing success stories like this. You completely get to determine your future.
16) Your Personal Growth – Personal development is synonymous with Network Marketing. The personal growth you have to experience for success is great, creating a better person.
17) Involve Your Kids – You can involve your kids in this business and teach them strong work ethics and social skills. Because Network Marketing allows you to work at home and around your own schedule, your kids will grow up see exactly what you do and how you do it and have the opportunity to help with projects you choose to involve them with.
18) No Discrimination Between Men & Women. Everyone is on a level playing field and all have the same opportunity to succeed, thrive and excel.
19) Support, Help & Encouragement of Others In The Profession – Corporate America does not provide this atmosphere. Everyone is trying to climb their own way to the top, clawing their way through others to get there.
20) You Are Your Only Limit – The only limitations are those that you personally put in place. The responsibility to succeed or fail is all on you.
21) Scalability – You can grow your income & customer base without having to grow your infrastructure. That’s simply is not possible in a service organization.
22) No Corporate Ladder – When people are trying to climb the corporate ladder there are always limited positions, meaning someone succeeds and someone does not. Network Marketing allows all to succeed to build their business.
24) Quickly Profitable – It doesn’t take people very long to become profitable in Network Marketing. That is certainly not the case in most franchise or for most startups.
25) No Inventory – Most Network Marketing companies no longer require inventory since most products are now drop shipped directly to your customer. There are numerous advantages in this!
26) Leverage Time / Network – Because of the structure of the business, you are able to leverage your time by leveraging your network.
27) Training Readily Available – Because Network Marketing is a system and so many independent distributors are involved, training is typically at your fingertips. Opening your own business and there are constant trials and errors. Network Marketing is a system that you buy into and is easy to duplicate and teach.
28) International Possibilities – Most Network Marketing companies allow you to build teams Internationally. This means you can have an international business very easily. Think of the possibilities with this – you can travel abroad building your team and organization, writing off the cost of the travel as a legitimate business expense.
29) No Billing / Accounts Receivables – Because transactions are now mostly handled online, you do not have to worry with accounts receivables or even sending out invoices. If you have ever been in a business that had to bill it’s customer base, you know what a cash flow nightmare this is.
30) You Are Building Your Own Dream – For 24 years I worked for someone else. And while I loved it, I was building someone else’s dream and fortune. I must say, it’s much more fun building your own dream than building someone else’s dream.
Thoughts From Facebook
Network Marketing Blog
PS: If You Don’t have a Team, Haven’t Recruited Anyone (or less than 10 people), This is the Course you Should Get – Network Marketing Training Course